My curious nose googled up this award and found an astonishing array of goodlooking blogs and blog subcultures (quilting blogs are apparently HUGE).
Now that I have learned that thousands of well-intentioned bloggers have passed along this so-called viral gimmick as a good-hearted way of giving a high five to fellow bloggers whose sites they enjoy visiting, here’s my reaction to receiving this award from Andi:
Wow! Cool! Thank you, Andi.
Andi said the basis of her selection was blogs who exemplify a theme of having a “passion in life” and living it. The seven I’ve chosen here stand out in my daily reading for the way they inspire me with their photographs, stories, generosity and heart. Life jumps off their pages.
- Blue Ridge Blog
- First Draft: Laying Down The Words
- Smokies Light
- Gullible’s Travels
- Simply Great Meandering Literature
- Pure Land Mountain
- 3rd House Journal
Okay, awardees. If you would like to keep it going, here are the “rules” to go by: (If you don’t, no telemarketer will call you. No one will come to your house. Actually, not a peep will be whispered.)
Rules for next recipients of the Brilliante Weblog Premio are as follows:
1. The award may be displayed on a winner’s blog.
2. Add a link to the person you received the award from.
3. Nominate up to seven other blogs.
4. Add their links to your blog.
5. Add a message to each person that you have passed the award on in the comments section of their blog.
It doesn’t seem harmful, and is a nice way to reflect on why our favorites are our favorites.
I am thinking of creating several special awards myself: how about these?
1. The Switched At Birth Mentor Award to Dave Bonta at Via Negativa.
2. The Switched At Birth Font of Wisdom Oracle Award to Whiskey at Whiskey River.
3. The Switched At Birth Midwife of Creativity and Encouragement Award to Heather Blakey at Soul Food Cafe.
What awards would you like to create?