LONGLEAF STORIES

full circle in the hundred acre wood

Buck and Harold are a little late this year getting their oats, wheat and rye into the ground. Click here to read about last year’s planting day. There’s an old saying: “It’s too wet to plow.” That can mean anything from “we can’t get there from here” to its original meaning. We’ve had a lot of rain, and only a fool tries to plow a wet field.

Yesterday, Buck and I took the old black pickup truck over to Robertsdale, Alabama to pick up a full load of seed and fertilizer. Our friend, Harold, will be over shortly. He and Buck will disk in the fertilizer, then spread the seeds and lightly disk them into the ground.

My job? I’ll take the truck and drive the back roads back over to Robertsdale for the rest of the seed and fertilizer.

We all just hope the weather will hold today. There’s a 40% chance of rain and thunderstorms, but we’re optimists. That means 60% chance of fair to partly cloudy.

 Skies over Perdido Bay 10-09

0 thoughts on “Fair to Partly Cloudy

  1. GORGEOUS image, Beth! This is one to hang on the wall and look at every day.
    Your summer ‘cereal’ is plowed under now? Did the blue grosbeaks feast this year on their way through?

    Like

  2. Shaddy says:

    I appreciate and second your optimism and am in awe of your photo of that impressive sky.

    Like

  3. deanna says:

    Lovely photo, indeed. Hope the weather’s cooperating!

    Like

  4. Great picture! Glad you are having fairly good weather…hope it continues long enough….we are in the middle of a typhoon at the moment! Fortunately, it’s moving pretty fast and will be through here in a couple of hours…right now the waves in front of my apartment are huge!

    Like

  5. Phil says:

    So, you’ve got two mules, then? 😉

    Like

Speak. Leave a memory.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Little Fears

Flash fiction tales of humor, horror and whimsy

territori del '900

identità luoghi scritture del '900 toscano

Extra Dry Martini

Straight up, with a twist.

Natalie Breuer

Natalie. Writer. Photographer. Etc.

Our Florida Journal

Exploring Florida - Naturally

Richard Gilbert

The website of Richard Gilbert.

%d bloggers like this: